Autism@Work pilot resources
Getting all of the strengths of an autistic employee across to an employer in a short period of time can be challenging. To help with that we have developed the following tools that can be adapted to fit and used in employer engagement conversations – either in person, telephone or in a meeting.
The “Employer Engagement Script” provides words around what the pilot is, why is the pilot involves autism only, what autism is, and what are
some of the strengths autism can bring to a workplace.
The “Employer Engagement Presentation” is something that could be used
(as well as the script) if you were trying to engage with a large
organisation and were meeting with the CEO or diversity and inclusion
- Download the Employer Engagement Presentation (PPT)
- Download the Employer Engagement Presentation (PDF)
The “Employer Engagement Handout Pack” contains autism information
brochures designed to give employers an overview of the Autism@Work
pilot program and in general autism education.
Handout pack individual downloads:
- Download the Pilot Information Flyer (PDF)
- Download the Autism@Work Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF)
- Download the Autism@Work Video Training modules - flyer (PDF)
- Autism for employers
- Download – Autism and communication (PDF)
- How to get the best out of your autistic employee (PDF)
- Download – Autism strength based job matching (PDF)
- Have you previously employed an autistic employee?
- How confident are you supporting an autistic employee at work?
- Are you able to identify how to adjust the workplace for the needs, work styles and preferences of autistic employees?
- How confident are you at onboarding an autistic employee?
- What types of roles would you consider employing autistic people into?
- Do you feel that you have sufficient tools, training and support to integrate autistic employees into your business?
- Need help or have a question - contact the Autism Helpdesk: Access Code: AAW2021
DES Provider Resources
Participant Autism@Work resources
- Work expectation (WESSI) training modules for jobseekers
Employer Autism@Work resources
Autism@Work pilot training sessions have been condensed into roughly 15-minute recorded training sessions